- Application Pool is in stopped state
- Password of Application Pool identity account is changed
First, check your Application Pool on IIS Manager, if its state is stopped then start it and re-check again your Sharepoint. In my case, i realized that application pool account’s password got changed.
Here are my resolution steps:
- Login to Sharepoint server machine
- Open IIS Manager (Start – Run – type “inetmgr” and press Enter)
- Locate your Application Pool, right click on it and select Advanced Settings
- Expand Process Model then select Identity. Click on the box on the right end of Identity.
- Click Set and then give the user name, password and confirm password on Set Credentials box.
- Restart your Application Pool.
Here’s Microsoft KB about this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823552